Do you have Type 2 Diabetes and do you want to be healthier?
¡Sí, Yo Puedo Controlar Mí Diabetes! (Sí, Yo Puedo) is a 4-week diabetes self-management program for Spanish-speaking adults with type 2 diabetes and over the age of 18. The aim of this research-based program is to educate, empower and equip participants to better control their diabetes using a real-world practical approach. Classes are offered weekly for two hours in community settings such as churches and clinics. Sí, Yo Puedo is taught by trained class leaders.
You will learn:
- to develop diabetes self-care skills,
- to improve eating habits and maintain good nutrition,
- to increase physical activity,
- to prevent diabetes complications, and
- to improve your quality of life living with type 2 diabetes.
Topics for Sí, Yo Puedo include:
- What is Diabetes?
- Healthy Eating and Blood Glucose Testing
- Move More and Taking Your Medicines
- Preventing Diabetes Problems